Waldhotel Stuttgart is one of the Baden-Württemberg state capital's most tradition-rich addresses for both domestic and foreign guests.
The park estate in which Waldhotel Stuttgart is located was once leased by the Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) – presumably around 1910. Just one year later, the Association had a summer residence built here together with outbuildings. The construction of a convalescent home commenced in 1924, followed by its inauguration in 1925. This was designed by Stuttgart-based architectural bureau Klatte & Weigle, which was also responsible for the extensions undertaken in 1927 and 1933. As of 1934, the property was owned by the city of Stuttgart for the following 18 years; the YMCA was only able to use it again itself and run it as a guest hotel during the course of 1952.
Over time, however, the buildings no longer met guests' needs. In 1979, the existing buildings were therefore redeveloped and extensive new buildings were constructed at the same time, these being inaugurated in 1981. The property was subsequently operated as a 3-star hotel named "Waldhotel Degerloch". In 2007, the YMCA sold the property to the current owners, since which time it has been the family's possession. Following extensive planning work, complete renovation of the hotel was undertaken from 2009 onwards. After a two-year conversion phase, it was reopened in September 2011 as a four-star hotel named Waldhotel Stuttgart. Thanks to its above-average performance, the residence was awarded the "superior" suffix in November 2012 by the German Hotel and Catering Association (Dehoga) in addition to its four stars.